An adorable baby pig trying to befriend some kitties
r.i.p. more like R.I.P.PED *zombie bursts out of ground and flexes his sick ass muscles*
Robert Wiene. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari. 1920.
Julien Mauve - After Lights Out, 2013
"Anxiety and the danger of shadows mixed in with safety and well-being"
you got a fuckin problem officer
Homes finally fighting back
Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
Just some actual daily reminders:
- All white people do racist things without being aware they are
- All straight people do homophobic things without being aware that they are.
- All Cis people do transphobic things without being aware that they are.
- All men do sexist things without being aware that they are.
- Saying things like ‘some men’, ‘some cis people’ absolves the blame of individuals and only seeks to comfort those with privilege and power.
- When a post says ‘some X’, the X will always assume that they are not because THEY ARE NOT AWARE.
And most importantly,
- It’s called metonymy, when anyone who is oppressed makes an exasperated statement like ‘i hate straight people’, they are substituting straight people for the concept of a system and a culture that teaches, incentives, and legitimizes homophobic acts and normalizes homophobic acts so that straight people constantly do honophobic things without realizing it and that’s really fucking annoying.
And just as important,
- The concept of sjws dehumanizes marginalized people and categorizes them as an ‘angry and emotional’ stereotype and only adds to the oppression of marginalized people under the guise of being ‘fair’, while the only thing you are doing is cushioning privileged people from their own ignorance and privilege.
Okay, I’m literally dumbfounded by this person. Let’s scrutinize this bit-by-bit:
- Not all people classified as “white” (i.e. “Caucasian”), are “white people” in the first place. Some come from mixed families, adoptive families, or come from regions where they would still be legally considered “Caucasian”, even if they’re not of direct European descent.
- You do realize that there are “straight” people in this world that were raised by same sex couples, right? Good job indirectly insulting them.
- There are also people from families with transgender parents, and (believe it or not) people who were trans for a period of time, but ultimately went back to being cisgendered. The person who first made the term “die cis scum” popular is one of the latter.
- For someone talking about transphobia, you’re automatically assuming that all men were those designated as male at birth. Good job, dumbass! Way to contradict yourself!
- Actually, being aware that not all of any group consisting of millions of people hold the same beliefs and ideals is called “being a reasonable, rational human being”, rather than being a deluded extremist.
- Or, once again, perhaps they don’t fit into your exceedingly narrow guidelines that are attempting to define the behaviors of the whole of humanity. Of all people, those who are “oppressed” should honestly know better than to apply generalizations to anyone else.
- No term justifies being an asshole. Case closed. You want equality? Here’s your equality: If you act like a discriminating, obnoxious assclown to others based solely on who they are as people, then NO SHIT you’re going to be treated like one yourself, regardless of how you were born, how you identify, or who you choose to love. That’s not “oppression”. That’s called “what goes around comes around”. If you automatically make negative assumptions about my ethics and ideals, do you seriously believe that I’m going to want to listen to a goddamn word you say? Good luck fostering diplomacy that way. You might as well be a hand model with multiple missing fingers.
- The label of “SJW” is not strictly for minorities and oppressed people. It is for those people (regardless of who they are) that take activism to such an extreme that they only hurt the causes they claim to stand for. There’s a pretty goddamn big difference between persecuted individuals, and those that lash out irrationally because of persecution. Do Westboro Baptist Church members represent all people who believe in God? Clearly not.
Use some fucking common sense, and stop using victimization as an excuse to be a rampaging bigot to anyone that doesn’t fit your standards, fit your definitions, or share your views. In case you haven’t noticed, THAT KIND OF BEHAVIOR IS THE ENTIRE FUCKING PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Personally I am happy that Mearls’ team has decided to be more inclusive in the art and language of D&D5.
I’d like to point out: This isn’t just one illustration. There’s a great deal more variety-of-color than there used to be, and also a broader range of outfits. And that’s actually a “broader range”, not just “no more sexy things ever”. There’s some people wearing clothes that are pretty clearly intended to be attractive. There’s others wearing armor that looks like it was designed for a goal other than focusing incoming attacks on the heavily-armored sternum that most fantasy species presumably have.
So it’s not just “white guy, white guy, white guy, black chick, white guy”. There’s a pretty broad range. They give a range of likely skin colors for each race (note: In D&D, “race” is “elf, dwarf, human, etc”, not “white, black, etc”). So it’s not just humans that get a broader range of colorations, hair styles, and clothes; everything shows a lot more variety.
(And for those who may have heard a thing wandering around asserting that the inclusive language is in conflict with some of the consultants: Pretty much all lies.)